Saturday, June 1, 2013

Still under review by myself

So although Lapdancing 05 is completed in terms of the rough draft, I have now been reading the entire story through to make sure it complies to my own standards in terms of readability, grammar, and spelling.

There are some things I am catching that spellcheckers will not...for example, "as" instead of "was" and so forth.  But I am also finding repeated sentences and paragraphs that I've deleted, even saying something twice in two different ways and removing an entire paragraph.

Also in some cases I've switched paragraphs around to make it more readable and flow better.

One of the biggest things I've found is an overabundance of commas...so those have been getting a thorough deleting, LOL.

I think the final version will be different even from the rough draft doflam has received and it's almost embarrassing knowing they are seeing some of my more blatant errors, LOL...but that's why it's a ROUGH draft.

Currently I'm still on Monday.  As I mentioned in the comments earlier, I have family visiting so only have the early mornings for reviewing, so have been trying to get through it as much as possible, but it is slow.  When I review, I'm often reading entire paragraphs aloud because if it reads odd to say, it definitely will read odd to read if that makes sense.

Still, I hope to have it done this weekend...

14 comments:

  1. Just to give an idea of the editing. I am currently 20% of the way through the story:

    Rough Draft:
    Word Count: 148,092
    Paragraph Count: 3,648
    Line Count: 13,409

    Currently Edited Version (20% completed):
    Word Count: 149,444
    Paragraph Count: 3,680
    Line Count: 13,534

    Hehehe, the story is actually GROWING as I clean it up...although I will say by the time I'm done, it will probably shrink.

    I have not re-read the first couple days of the story for over a month, so some of it is as if I'm reading for the first time, and as I come across things I thought were clear, I'm finding they need a bit more fleshing out to fully describe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. best you edit to a decent standard otherwise the winging types will come out of the woodwork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, always have to watch out for the Grammar Police!

      Delete
  3. Got my RED marker for just an occasion...the haters will have something more to complain about, which baffles me because they hate but they still read it???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know...in the authors section of the Lit.com forums you'll see people ask why others are reading it if all they do is complain...defies reason.

      Delete
  4. The internet allows haters to say the things they wouldn't dare in public because...........well they are scared of the direct response insulting someone to their face can illicit. Constructive critique is of use but what you get on the net can go beyond insult into daft territory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I delete comments on Literotica that have no merit. I don't care if you don't like a story/chapter and explain WHY you don't like it or offer any advice, but to say something like "You're story sucks and so do you" have no place...so I delete them.

      Delete
    2. Well said and I guess we will leave the reasons to the Professionals who study abnormal behavior...lol

      Delete
  5. soooo how attached are you to this family thing because theirs always the option of a little innocent murder! mmmmmmmmmmmmm go on go on go on lol................................. progress report please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...

      Done with Monday, on to Tuesday. Just have to see how time goes...

      Delete
  6. so up to sat yet????? lol "sighs dramatically"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, no way...still not through with Tuesday! Reviewing in some aspects takes longer than writing. When I write, I get into a 'zone' and play out the scene in my head. I typically type around 100 words a minute with few to no mistakes, so can spit out a scene when I'm in the mood fairly quickly.

      Reviewing I literally read every single word, often aloud (which is why having family and company over prevents me for working it more), as I am listening to how easily the words sound as well as say. If something is awkward to say out loud, I know it's going to read funny to somebody reading through it.

      I know you've all come across those moments where you are totally into a story, and then you read a sentence or paragraph a couple times, or you pause as your mind tries to fathom what the hell you just read. It's those moments I try to avoid and make things flow much easier.

      Delete
  7. The sooner you're through the better! Just reading the previous title - Lapdancing Girl 5 COMPLETED made my weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. so realistically maybe next weekend then from the sounds of your review process and the time for literotica to check then post this opus

    ReplyDelete