Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Still no writing...

Today officially starts my first day of unemployment.  Yup, as expected, I was dismissed from my job.  They did not even state any reason, although we all knew it was more personality conflict with my manager than anything else.  At least they spared me the BS of making up a story on how poor my performance and whatnot was and just said I was terminated.

I'm not too worried about finding another job.  My skill sets are in high demand in the area I live in and I even have one offer already, although that is relocating and I just moved to my current area 2 years ago and don't feel like moving again...although the pay is a good incentive, I'm still looking around.

So enough of my real life problems, I mainly wanted to say that for a bit I'll be preoccupied and not writing.  Appreciate all the kind words from everybody, and this is just one of those little things in life that make it interesting...so I'm not too upset, and in fact, almost relieved.  But again, stories may be on hold a bit.

Then again, I thought of a further advancement of my current story and it may be a nice diversion, as I don't think I can spend all my waking moments looking for a job...but we'll see.  I definitely am not going to put in the time I did on Lapdancing 05, but I may take a few breaks here and there to clean up my What's in a Name story.

Speaking of Lapdancing 05, I'll end on a lighter note.  Here's one of the more recent feedback I have gotten from the story...you have to love the anonymity of the internet!
This message contains feedback for: DocCIS
About the submission: Lapdancing Girlfriend Ch. 05
This feedback was sent by: Anonymous

Title:  What a waste of time

Comments:  You spent all this time and energy writing this? Why?
 That actually brought a smile to my face in these troubled times in my life...so thank you Anonymous, your comments definitely made my day, LOL!

3 comments:

  1. Doccis:
    I smiled when I read this anonymous comment.
    The real waste of time was him leaving this comment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on this next step. Selfishly I'm hoping this turn pushes you into becoming a full time writer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I wouldn't mind writing all the time, the fact of the matter is I have to do that which pays the bills. All my writings are on Literotica, which is a free site...so I'm not getting anything out of writing other than the enjoyment of my own and that of the readers...so it's simply impossible to write full time without some paycheck coming in, LOL!

      Appreciate the sentiment though! Thanks!

      Delete