Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Not much writing going on right now...

It's been a while since I posted an update, and unfortunately there isn't much to report  :( 

Real life has once again taken a dump on me.  If you remember earlier in the year I had a bad spot going on with work, home, and everything else.  Sadly those issues never were fully resolved.  In one week I have had a close family member pass away, been notified I would be losing my job, and a couple other things that if they happened one at a time, would suck.  That they all happened within THREE DAYS of each other is a major issue I'm trying to cope with.

Obviously the death in the family has caused me to be upset, and when finding out my job was pretty much over tipped the scales into a full depression which I'm trying to stay above.

So yeah, writing has been on hold a bit until things become more stable around here.

I appreciate the kind words a few of you have expressed when I mentioned some of the issues causing writing to be on hold...and hopefully as I said, this is merely a small bump in the road and things will work out in the end!

5 comments:

  1. Sod the writing concentrate on your family then the jobs issue. You need any good fortune you can get, I hope you get some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This has been a less-than-stellar year for me, so appreciate the well wishes and good luck...seem to need it quite a bit lately.

      Obviously my interest in writing has declined, but hopefully once things on the job front settle out a bit more I'll be able to devote time to it again!

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, please oh please do hang in there!

    As much as we your greedy loyal fans want you to churn out your next literary work as quickly as possible, please don't you even think about working on your stories until your problems have been sorted out.
    We would never ask that of you.

    Don't worry, we'll still be here waiting when you're well and truly ready to return to writing :D

    With heartfelt regards,
    Jers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, appreciate the sentiments from everybody. Real life does come first, but I wanted to let everybody know what was going on so you didn't think I had just abandoned everything. That is far from the truth as this is my one outlet I can just relax and let my imagination roam!

      Only time is going to heal the loss in the family, but I know it will eventually lessen and be liveable. The job thing is the tougher one as I am now actively looking for something else. I had always thought I would be retiring where I was working, so although not completely unexpected (this HAS been going on for 6 months), it is still something that is becoming more and more real.

      Jobs in my field are not difficult, the hard part will be finding a place that will feel like 'home' enough to want to stay there for a long term...

      Delete
  3. Hang in there! Real life, as you said, comes first, and the family is what keeps us ticking and the job of course. Good luck on finding something to you liking!
    You need good mood for writing, so don't push it because of us :) whenever you feel like writing again we will be around to appreciate your great stories!

    ReplyDelete