Monday, August 10, 2015

Update 08/10/2015

Was a bad weekend in terms of finding time for writing or graphics  :(  I was doing some long-overdue maintenance on my system, upgrading my laptop to Windows 10 (which failed), and getting my son's system ready for Windows 10...all of which took way more time than I had planned...as in all fricking weekend!

I worked a little on Extenuating Circumstances.  The more I think about it, the more I plan on providing the story in the previously revealed storyboard form, as well as PDF form, as well as the provided high resolution images.  That makes distribution a bit of a problem, but will figure that out before release...which is a long way ahead, LOL.  Then again, if I release the story to Literotica in pure text, I may not have to worry about the PDF form for e-readers.  But again, long way off...

Worked a bit more also on my Lifeguard story, but nothing really to show for it other than grammatical edits, a few paragraphs being rearranged, etc.

One bit of good news...I've been asked to contribute my 3D graphical art to an art book!  I get a royalty and all...which isn't really why I'm doing it, but that will help.  The main reason is the exposure.  My art will be alongside the likes of Brothers Hildebrandt and many other well-known artists, so it will be a privilege to have something around those names!

Ran a bunch of errands over the weekend which also impacted my "me" time, LOL...so all in all, not a satisfying weekend...and now starting what already looks to be a crappy week at work, so even this early Monday morning looking forward to the weekend!  ;)

8 comments:

  1. This is a tangent on the subject of getting income from writing (since you're thinking about publishing). I recently learned about patreon.com, which lets artists collect donations from "patrons" to support their work, and I've started seeing erotica writers take money through the site. This one author (who is prolific but not especially greaty imo) is getting $1,000 a month from fans for stories he publishes for free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew about Patreon...a lot of the 3D artists are using it as well, offering high resolution images and whatnot to patrons. Honestly never thought about it for my writing to be honest.

      I may have to look into it. Right now, I want to get my Lifeguard story finished, but it might be worth looking into for the next story I work on...I wonder if they have a voting capability...the highest paid story gets the focus for the next released chapter or something like that, LOL!

      Delete
  2. DOCcis: mamachucha's comment about patreon.com, as one of your readers who has suggested in the past that I would happily pay you for your stories, I am all for you setting up a account like this.
    Secondly, I have been getting notices to download Windows 10. As the I.T. Guy, what do you think of the first version of windows 10,??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously considering it...I think it might provide incentive towards writing if nothing else, LOL. I already feel bad taking so long for writing when it's all FREE, if people were supporting me, even a dollar a month, my guilt would be even greater, LOL!

      I still need to finish Lifeguard Gets Wet...haven't heard from the artist in a while and almost afraid they've given up, but still finishing it regardless, as it was a story I started long before somebody expressed interest in commissioning.

      As to Windows 10...if you don't have anything fancy like dual video cards and such, and don't do anything really high tech, it's a great product. All the "issues" I've read have been about those types of things. For example, if you have more than one video card, Win10 downloads it's own drivers, regardless of whether you use ones you personally selected (i.e., beta drivers)...without your control. But again, unless you do something really intense like me with graphics or a high end gamer, it's a good upgrade. Particularly if you are Win8 or Win8.1...then I'd say definitely, LOL. Win7, probably because it's getting aged, but you could probably wait a bit with Win7...but Win8, hehehe, definitely upgrade!

      Delete
    2. The main thing I need to think about are the "perks' for a patron if I go this route...early releases and such are a given, but I also would think about full rough draft glimpses, possibly even access to my full library (all unfinished pieces thusfar) and such...so it's definitely something that I think people might be interested in, above and beyond trying to help feed the starving artist, LOL ;)

      Delete
  3. Count me in as a patron as well if and when you decide to do it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, read the newest post...decided to go for it and see how it goes...

      Delete