Friday, August 14, 2015

By popular demand...you can now support me on Patreon!

After discussing this with with a couple people on this site, as well as several others within the 3D art community, I have decided to open a Patreon site:  http://www.patreon.com/doccis

Cropped Teaser image of possible Diamond image...full image available to Patrons!
Below is a list of questions I had when looking into the program that hopefully will answer some of your own question if you are not familiar with Patreon.  If you have any additional questions, ask me here or on my Patreon site and I'll try to answer as best I can.

What is Patreon?
Patreon is sort of like a GoFundMe or Kickstarter program, where you pledge money towards an artist, creator, etc. in helping them continue their work.  Unlike the other types of "donation" sites, Patreon allows me to set up tiers whereby you receive additional perks for various donations of money donated towards my writing and graphics.
Here's a good intro video that explains it better:

   I don't want to be billed month to month, can I pay one lump sum?
From what I understand, you can pay a lump sum up front, pledge for a month and then cancel your month-to-month membership, or you can break down your lump sum into incremental payments. 
For the last scenario, when you offer your patronage you are given the option of not exceeding "x" number of dollars, so if you want to spent $5.00 total, you can either sign up for the $5.00 tier for one month and cancel your patronage, or sign up for the $1.00 tier and it will go until you reach the $5.00 limit, allowing you to receive five months worth of the Tier 1 perks.  The choice is yours.
Can I change tiers of patronage?
YES!  If you want to sign up for one of the higher tiers for one particular reward, you can then lower your tiered support or completely cancel your patronage after that first month, that is completely up to you. 
I have made the rewards "retroactive" such that you will still be entitled to the upper tier reward you earned by supporting me for even one month, so that reward shall be made available to you regardless of only supporting that specific tier one month or more.  So for example if you donated for the $25.00 tier one month and lowered to the $1.00 tier the following month, you are still entitled to the one scene/customized section of the story from that first month...even if the story takes longer.
 WHY am I doing this?
I hate begging for money, but if you look through previous blog posts, several people have suggested me setting this up in order to offer incentives and simple monetary "thank you's" for my stories.  As this is purely a hobby for me, actually paying me to complete stories puts more incentive on me--I already feel bad taking long for many stories, so actually taking money for them raises my guilty consciousnesses to a whole new level, LOL!  In addition, this will help pay for some of the graphical content I wish to use in the illustrated version of my stories and pay for any publication costs.
What are the various tiers?
Although these may change over time based upon feedback and whatnot, I've tried to make the rewards commensurate with the amount of money people are donating.  As this is a financial investment for yourself, as well as for me, I will be attempting to provide more information and support that what I otherwise provide here on this (free) blog.
Also one thing to point out is each higher tier is cumulative, meaning you get all the lower tier rewards/perks as well...so a Tier 3 patron will get not only the Tier 3 reward, but also those offered to Tier 2 and Tier 1 patrons.
More information can be found on the Patreon site, but here are the basics:
  • Tier 1 ($1.00/month) - Patron-only access to story teasers, images, and other information not posted on this site.  As I mentioned above, here the level of effort is whenever I can post...but for paying patrons, I will offer additional time and effort to make sure you are kept up-to-date as much as possible!
  • Tier 2 ($5.00/month) - Patrons pledging a minimum of $5.00/month will have access to the ongoing rough draft of whatever story I am currently working on. This gives you an early 'sneak peak' into the stories and images as they unfold, prior to editing and release...as well as the above mentioned Tier 1 early sneak previews.
  • Tier 3 ($10.00/month) - Patrons pledging a minimum of $10.00/month get all the lower tiered Patreon rewards with additional access to the not only the ongoing rough drafts but the rough draft of whatever I am also working on with that...so they get a glimpse of TWO rough draft stories!   In addition, Tier 3 support patrons will have access to any 3D graphics I make for ANY of my stories (published and unpublished). 
  • Tier 4 ($25.00/month) - Patrons willing to support me at the $25.00/month level--besides earning my eternal gratitude--get all the previous perks mentioned for the other first three tiers but also a little special something...For those supporting me at this amount level, each month you support me for this tier I will work with you on incorporating any particular aspect/scene/clothing or whatever you would like to see into a story.  This is a chance to personalize a story for yourself.  Help me write the story to cater to your tastes! 
  • Tier 5 ($30.00/month) - For only $5.00 more a month compared to the Tier 4 Supporter, this tier not only gets the previous tiers rewards (including a dedicated scene/outfit/etc.), but will also be entitled to a personalized 3D artwork commission for each month they are a subscriber.
  • Tier 6 ($50.00/month) - If somebody is really this much a fan, then I bow to you.  You are my muse...and as such, I will devote each month you are a Tier 6 supporter to whatever story you want me to focus on for (hopefully) a speedier release than my own lackadaisical schedule  ;)  Don't like that Annie Ch. 08 has yet to see the light of day after over a year?  This is your chance to make me put my nose to the grindstone and get it out quicker!  In addition, you get a FREE copy of the illustrated version upon release!
  • Tier 7 ($100.00/month) - This is the penultimate tier.  Not only will you be awarded all the previous tier perks, but you are now my master  ;)  Have an idea you want me to create a story based upon?  This is your chance.  For even a one month patronage of this amount I will envision, outline, and write a story based upon your direction.  This is basically commissioning me to do a story at your direction...above and beyond the other tiers.
Let me know what you think...and I'll start off by thanking any of you who offer their patronage, even as a one-time donation!
 

4 comments:

  1. Well crap I said if you set something up id give it a go soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I Have. LOl now wheres my wip tsk tsk get to work........... or not lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honestly humbled that at least three people so far have been enough of a fan to donate. It's an eye-opening experience...and definitely has caused me to have incentive to write this weekend. If people are going to shell out cash, it's my responsibility to provide!

      Thanks to you and everybody else who subscribes!

      Delete
  2. Who's Your Teddy! pic on the patron site i'm abit fraking suprised that's a sexy fucking pic. I don;t usually go for the erotic pics but that works. Now my background pic on the pc............ An that tells you ive got no kids LOL ( or im a shit dad mmmmm). This is a repost my other post had 8000 spelling mistakes this has only 7999............ so thats better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMAO! Thanks again bud...

      That idea isn't original, I saw an actual photo like that and had to do a 3D version with my own style. Appreciate it!

      Delete