Sunday, May 12, 2013

Sometimes computers are scarey!

So I worked on Lapdancing 05 a bit more today.  I haven't written anything new, just cleaned up what I've already written--tweaking and editing the story is sometimes more involved than writing.  When I am writing I simply imagine the scenes in my head and rapidly type them as I play them out in my mind...but then when I surface out of my own writing reverie, I have to clean up the typo's, bad grammar, and then make the story readable.

I was having a hard time focusing on writing the next part of Diamond's adventures.  I know WHAT I want to write and the basic scenes of getting there, but sometimes there's a little speed bump in my head that I just can't seem to make it over.

Instead, I turned to try and completely reverse my thought process by working on another story.  As luck would have it, I chose Annie.

If you recall, I recently touted about the wonders of Office 2013.  One of those cool features is Skydrive, Microsoft's only little gift a some cloud storage space where Office saves your files.  It is offline storage, where your files (hopefully) are safe.  Hard drives and computers may crash, but Skydrive is redundant, enterprise storage so things are safe.

In fact, I installed Office 2013 on my laptop for work as well, and have been able to work on stuff across computers without having to bother with copying to a USB drive or across the network from one computer to the other and always making I had the most recent copy.  Skydrive connects to all computers, so all my data is available!

Well, I did not want my erotic stories on a work computer, so I disabled those from being available.  In fact, Skydrive copied the files locally to my machine so since it was a work computer, I deleted those as well.

Back to my story...

So I decided to work on Annie Chapter 08.  I had the prelude written, so I was mainly trying to get back into the swing of the story after two long years of doing nothing with it.  I opened up my Skydrive folder...and there was no folder named "Annie!"  In fact, I was missing HALF OF ALL MY STORIES!

WTF!

In a panic, and being an IT person, I realized I must have deleted the files off my work laptop BEFORE disengaging Skydrive...so when it synched, it synched the deleted files!

In a frantic rush, I logged into my work laptop and praying I was negligent in clearing my Recycle Bin, opened it up...to find all my stories!

Restoring the stories uploaded them to my Skydrive and now everything is back to normal.  I still need to figure out what to do about Skydrive copying files locally to my laptop, but for now, as long as I have them somewhere, I am happy.

So...back to Annie...and hopefully getting the momentum to finish Lapdancing.  I am so close to finishing, that I just need to get over this hump, write about her debut party, and then finish up the next morning.  Sooooooo close!

4 comments:

  1. Just thought I'd give you a heads up as the Lapdancing chapter 5 photo album (at your google+) has disappeared.

    Keep up the good work, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks for that head's up! This weekend while I was working on it I was getting lost in all the images and rearranged the library on my computer a bit more. Forgot Picassa synched that with the online site...I'll re-upload the images after I get them sorted out with all the new stuff too!

      Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. Ummmm....there's a photo album????????

    Please, please, please.......where does one find this??

    Bless you!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, see my latest blog (in a few minutes, LOL)...

      Delete