Sunday, April 7, 2013

So I'm loving Office 2013...

Always afraid what the next Office suite will bring, but so far, I am loving the new Office 2013.  One of the best features is the "Resume where you last were" function which when you open up a Word document, it allows you to go immediately to that area you last made changes.  I always had to highlight the area before I closed the document, and still doing that out of habit, but the new feature allows me to go straight to where I was.

For Lapdancing 05, this is nice as I have been bouncing around the chapter adding things here and there as I think of them...and it is always nice to know where you were  last.

The GUI is more "minimalist" than previous versions of Office, which seems to be the trend in Microsoft products in this last wave of releases for all their products, including many of their Enterprise applications.  It's nice, although I wish there were more color schemes.  Haven't looked into it too much, but out of the box there is just White, Light Gray, and Dark Gray...and it would be nice to have some ability to change the colors to mace the desktop scheme.  Again, haven't played around with it and it may be there, I just haven't found it yet.

Another nice feature is the cloud storage available to you with Office.  I can save my stories up there and not worry about a hard drive crashing or my system otherwise going down and losing everything.  I had that happen a few years back and lost all my Annie stories.  Lucky for me at the time I was working with the original author and he had copies of everything I had written...which was my first introduction into keep backups, LOL!

Anyways...Lapdancing 05 is coming along although a bit slowly...I've had a busy weekend and little time to write, but have been working on it whenever I have time...so we'll see if I can get it done soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment