Saturday, March 2, 2013

Full or half a chapter?

So the week was pretty rough in terms of work and being busy.  I basically got  home, watched a little television, made supper, read up on forums/e-mail, and went to bed...rinsing and repeating all week.

Today (Saturday) I spent the morning working on some graphics--trying to get the "just right" look for Diamond to create some visual scenes from Lapdancing Girlfriend.

Then I started writing...and writing...and more writing!

I have just finished the FIRST DAY of Diamond's visit to Corporate Headquarters and the story is about 7.5 Literotica pages long.  I plan on describing her entire week, although this is one of her "busier" days.  Tuesday will be pretty descriptive, but little to no sex; Wednesday there will be a bit more sex involved, less general stuff; Thursday currently has no sex involved, but I have just thought of a new twist to the story that may have her being forced into a late night rendezvous, hehehe.  Friday and Saturday are both going to be busy days, with plenty of sex and debauchery, although little general stuff.

I'm not certain how long the other days are going to be; however, none of them combined will be as long as what is written so far (Monday).  In fact, I have a feeling that all the other days combined will be as big as this currently section (7.5 pages on Literotica).

The big question I always toy with is whether I should split the chapter into two or three sections (05a, 05b, maybe an 05c) such as Chapter 03 with Annie Babysits the Kids, or continue to forge on with Chapter 05 and release it in its entirety--whenever that may be.

I got some pretty rough criticism when I split Annie 03 into portions, and many felt each section was incomplete unless treated as a whole...so there is one problem with splitting them up.  It's the fact that I have not intended the chapter to be split up, so it obviously will feel "unfinished."  The other end of the spectrum is people will get a chapter out now instead of later, although it does not advance the story as much as I'd like.

I'll have to think about it, but I'm curious to know what everybody thinks.  I know many of you had said "take your time, it's worth the wait," but if you had the chance to read what was done so far versus waiting for the whole chapter to be in a logical piece, what would you choose?  Leave your comments, as I'm curious.

I am still writing today and tomorrow, so who knows, I might even finish it tomorrow, although that doesn't seem likely, but there is the change.  Or it might be done next weekend...hard to say what I'll feel like then.  The one thing I CAN say, is the finished chapter is coming sooner rather than later.  I'm thinking in the next 2-3 weeks I'll have it done, if not sooner...so again, is it even worth splitting up until the full chapter is finished?

Let me know your thoughts!

5 comments:

  1. I'd rather wait till you have the full chapter complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm leaning that way myself...but wanted to see how people voted. I'm still writing anyways, so that doesn't change anything, but if there's overwhelming desire of people to submit part of the chapter, I'm willing...

      Delete
  2. I would rather wait for the complete chapter as well...I waited for the 'Twilight' series so waiting just builds the anticipation. Just take your time and keep us entertained. I'd rather read a complete good chapter than a quickie (incomplete) chapter. Thanks for asking for our input.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MC, appreciate the feedback!

      And I always take into account the readers, so had to ask. I have often taken suggestions and even requests and put them in my story. In fact, Anjali above has said they would like a scene with Jen in leather pants...which is actually the scene I'm writing right now in Chapter 05!

      Although I do this as a hobby and my own personal "release" of all the pent up fantasies running in my head, I value the feedback from the readers tremendously and take all criticism--good and bad--to heart. Of course, the Anonymous "your sick" or "this story sucks" I typically delete :p

      Delete
  3. Thanks i'm really looking forward to reading the chapter especially after reading the sneak peek. I must admit that i don't like tim at all in the story. Hope he gets his come-uppance by the end.

    ReplyDelete