Wednesday, March 27, 2013

And this is why I don't post partial chapters...

So as I was sitting at work today I was thinking about what I was going to write in Lapdancing 05 and realized there was one thing I needed to mention early in the story that I had forgotten to write.

That's the first reason I don't release "partial chapters."  It's bad enough when I think of some great twist to a story and already have chapters posted where it would be better to mention there, and instead have to go to great pains to somehow work it into the story.  To release a "partial" chapter and suddenly realize you missed something is even more painful.  Hence why I mentioned I would be willing to split Lapdancing 05 into two parts, but both parts would be posted together.

It was such a small thing, just mentioning a physical examination Diamond had to have performed.  The primary reason I felt it to be in the story was to stop some of the "unprotected sex is bad" and "she's a fucking whore, hope she gets AIDS and dies" type posts I sometimes get.  You all may not see them because if they are not comments that are valid criticisms, I usually delete them...or they are sent to me in private.  My Annie series is FULL of those types of comments.

Yes unprotected sex with multiple partners is risky.  Yes, STD's and HIV/AIDS are possible and even deadly and something to be avoided, particularly with partners you do not know.

My replies to those types of comments are THIS IS FANTASY.  This is FICTION.  Nowhere have I ever stated anything I write is REAL beyond it being real in my mind when I write it, LOL.

Anyways, that's sort of ranting, so back to my  point.

I forgot on Tuesday in the story Jen/Diamond was going to have an examination in order to mention everybody at DSA is tested for diseases and such and although Charles DeWight III is a manipulator, murderer, exploiter, etc., he runs a clean shop in terms of the people who are part of the DSA adult entertainment.  I wanted that in the back of the reader's mind knowing even though Diamond may end up having sex with multiple partners, the chance of her getting any STD is going to be low.

It's more of my own personal preference for unprotected sex in my stories.  Although condoms are a necessity at times, I don't find them sexy for a story.

As I started writing what was only a single paragraph, I began to wonder whether women actually get aroused during an exam.  And that led to more writing :)

Diamond's examination is now three pages (MS Word, not Literotica pages) long, LOL...so you can imagine where my thoughts led me!

If I had posted the very first half of the story and given into the cries for "post what you have now!", that little gem would never have been written, would never have even come to light as I would have just left it be as it was.

This is not the first time something like this has happened.  Lapdancing 04 was only a few pages long before I thought of the FBI involvement...and then I thought about how her and Dan needed to be "tested" to make sure she could put up with sex with another man and her scene with Agent Geiger came into play.  And then the striptease scene came out long after I had described her surveillance equipment.  I was ready to post that chapter when I thought "Hmmm, how would the sound and such be calibrated?" and that led to what turned out to be quite a long scene of her dancing...and why have one set when she could have two?  And if two sets, what about a different costume?  And then much later I added the scene with the Branch Chief Vogel...none of that would have been written had I caved into the "release it now!" crowd.

I know many of you say "take your time" while still anxious to see the next chapter.  There are a few series I feel the same way with from other writers.  All I can say is in due time...and good things come to those who wait!

2 comments:

  1. that is true, good things do come to those who wait and I'll patiently wait for you to finish the chapter at your own pace. I'm certain it will be titillating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming along well. I honestly did not expect so many sexual situations in this chapter, but she's averaging at least one a day, LOL. Some of them have been spur of the moment things that just came to me writing like the above mentioned examination, while others just seemed "right" at the time. I'm hoping to have most of the weekend to write. Have Thursday, Friday, and part of Saturday for her...then need to work on my Skyrim story!

      Delete