Saturday, February 23, 2013

A little bit of writing, a lot of graphics....

Good news is I actually fired up Lapdancing 05 today and worked on it for a few hours.  Bad news is I didn't get nearly as far with it as I would have liked, but I definitely know where I'm going with it now.  I was sort of at a standstill--not necessarily writer's block, but just in a slump of dreading to write that I've been procrastinating on and off about it.

I write for my own enjoyment.  If I can't get turned on about a story, it isn't worth writing, so when I write, it's more for myself than any deadline of getting the story posted.  When I feel pressured, I tend to drag my feet until I get the desire to write again.  That's sort of been what's happened before I got sick.  Getting sick was another problem, but now that I'm at about 85% health, I'm back in the mood to write.

And when I say pressured into writing, I'm not talking about you the readers asking for the next chapter.  There are times where I feel I have to get a story out more because it's been a while than actually wanting to write, and that rubs me the wrong way enough that I drag my feet.

So today I actually FELT like writing.  There's a nice twist in this chapter a few have even suggested here and there that I have had planned, so it should be a good plot-driven chapter--with plenty of sex, LOL.

I also worked on playing around with my 3D graphics program a bit more.  I've invested quite a bit of money on models, textures, poses, etc, so have been playing around with lighting and such to get the hang of things.  Tomorrow I want to work on my first image based upon my stories, but I also will do some more writing.

Don't have an ETA on anything, but at least I AM writing once again...and have a definite direction as to where the story is going.  If the amount of sex is any indication--Jen will have sex with 3 different guys (not at the same time) and be felt up by at least a dozen other guys--then it should be a decent chapter, LOL!  I also hope to get a draft run of an image of her in Chapter 01.  I found the perfect model for her, so may post a preview tomorrow...

2 comments:

  1. Doccis: I have been playing around with Photoshop Elements 11 with some of my pictures from the Keys.
    I checked out the 3D animation software you talked about. Think I am going to get the Daz 3D software.
    Look forward to seeing you images for Lap #1.
    As far as Lap 5 goes, I hope you will take your time and continue the excellent story line from Lap 1-4.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daz3D Studio is great. For one thing, it's free, LOL...so it's basically a mini-Poser. Most Poser models and such work with Daz so you shouldn't have any problems there.

      The big thing is buying all the models, clothing, textures, etc. There are some free sites, but for most everything of good quality, you're going to pay a little. Renderosity.com is one of the better sites. Also RuntimeDNA.com is a great site with quality armor/clothing/models. One of the free sites to check out is ShareCG.com. And of course, the Daz3D site has a lot of stuff as well. At the very basics, you'll want the Genesis figures (comes with Daz3D Studio) and the Victoria 4.2 models and if doing male models, Michael 4. Those are the most common basic base models everybody bases their work off of, so it will be pretty universal.

      The forums are full of tutorials to get you started, so it's not too bad learning it. I did the Fiery Genesis tutorial and Dragonslayer ones and it was like putting Tab A into Slot A, and Tab B into Slot B it was so easy. From there, you build off of it!

      Worked on Lapdancing 5 more Sunday...mainly rereading what I've written and making some grammatical changes...sometimes I wonder what I'm thinking when I write some of these things, LOL...

      Delete