Sunday, February 2, 2014

Another update...

Sigh...so why can't life just be easy?  I got a message stating the position I had applied and accepted did not get approved for the higher salary I had negotiated.  What that means is I either take the lower salary job or stay unemployed.  Not much of a decision there, but it also means I'm still interviewing.  The difference is a little under $10,000/year which is below what I was asking, but as I said, it's the difference between getting paid vs. not paid.  Have two interviews lined up this coming week, and waiting to hear from 3 others...right now I'm going to have to weigh in salary along with job enjoyment/satisfaction, comfort-ability, and benefits.

On the story front, still plugging away at my Assumptions story.  I've only worked on it here and there, but it's slowly coming along.  Right now it's holding more interest than Lapdancing, and I know if I can finish this, I'll have more steam to work on Lapdancing, so it is what it is.

Graphically I've been working on several little side projects.  First, I did a little photo-shoot-like group of photos I call "Plum Tired" (I know it's plumb, but it's a play on words with the purple).  I posted more tamer versions on Deviant Art, but here are the more explicit ones.  As the images are somewhat NSFW, I am putting a "Show/Hide" button on them so people don't inadvertently get in trouble!




I didn't do any postwork, was mainly playing around with lighting and posing.  If I work on them any more, it will mainly be to crop them and skew the images more to the right or left...but for now, I'm happy with the way they turned out, but curious to hear what other people thing.

In addition, I decided for this next run of illustrations I'm going to work on mamachuca's story Chloe's Internship.  I know I said I didn't want to do any long stories, but I had read this one a long time ago and enjoyed it--long before I ever corresponded with Mama--and it struck a chord within me.  Not sure how many pictures I'm going to do from the story (as it IS a damn long story, hehehe)...but we'll see.  Maybe I'll just work on each installment bit by bit here and there until I find another story that strikes my fancy.  Just have to see.  For those interested, here is the character Mama selected to play Chloe:

These were just quickie drafts to give Mama an idea of some characters to choose from.  I'll be tweaking her a bit more but thought for now it's a pretty decent model to work with.  This one is off the V4 character base.

1 comment:

  1. Hopefully the damn images are seen now...still trying to figure out this new free hosting service!

    ReplyDelete