Wednesday, February 5, 2014

This is a hobby...

So need to get something off my chest after receiving who knows how many "WTF dude, where's the next chapter" e-mail or comment on Literotica.

This is a hobby.  I write for my own enjoyment, plain and simple.  I do not write for you, I do not write for your significant other.  I do not get paid for writing, so why should I listen to your rantings on wanting another chapter of whatever story you are interested in?  Send me a few hundred bucks and I'll be happy to focus on a chapter of your interest.

When my Muse hits me I write what is currently the most interesting for me.  I fully intend to finish ALL my series:  Annie, Lapdancing, Dreams, Skyrim, Directory Jekyll, and my Grim Fairy Tales.  I also have several stories still waiting to see the light of the day.  Again, whatever hits my fancy is what I focus upon...for MY enjoyment.

I've worked on stories where my heart was not into it and the shoddy work shows.  Some of my lowest scoring stories were ones I felt I HAD to get out due to reader pressure and as a result, I did not put my all in them and they show.

Again, this is a hobby:

an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation
I publish my stories because there is an obvious interest in them; however, I am under no obligation to publish anything I write, nor am I required to do so under your demand.  I am not getting paid for this and the last six months of unemployment, financial issues, and other real life events have not put me in a very good mood to work on hobbies.  It is only in the last month or so I've been starting to feel such burdens lessening that I can spend more time into writing.

I write what I feel like writing.  I am not getting paid to write, I am not getting any compensation other than anonymous e-mails, comments, and postings from people who enjoy or even dislike my work.  I share them as I know others enjoy them and I seem to have a knack for it that pleases other people, but the constant barrage of derogatory comments because I'm not publishing a chapter to YOUR satisfaction is getting annoying.  I keep this blog updated with where I am with stories as much as I can.  If it is not up to your expectations I apologize, but since I don't know you from Adam, I really don't give a fuck what you think.  I'm not forcing you to read my stories and I'm not getting any compensation other than the few appreciative comments and the surplus of "It's been a fucking x year, where's the next chapter?!?!?!?" comments.

So my apologies for those I am not living up to their expectations...but again, this is a HOBBY, not a job, and I am not under contract to you, nor anybody else, to ever publish again, let alone continue any stories I already have published.

/off soapbox

5 comments:

  1. Hear hear! Lots of baffling comments from (seemingly very angry) individuals out there on the world wide web... they wouldn't step up to someone in real life and rant like this! (atleast I sure hope not!)

    Funny thing (not really, I want you to find your muse too!) is that those comments aren't likely to speed up any process! Unless your inspiration gets fueled by verbal attacks? (If so, let me know and I'll sit down and write my own rants! Hehe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the anonymity of the internet makes people completely oblivious to etiquette, but the old adage "you can entice more flies with honey than vinegar" still applies.

      And I don't think any of the negative comments come from people who visit the blog. There's some "regulars" who visit that comment, as well as a large number of "lurkers" who do not say anything, but overall, I think everybody who comes to this site is pretty decent.

      All said and told the site gets 300-500 visits per day (unique IP addresses according to the site statistics). Also it is at least en-heartening that it shows where most of the referrals come from--which is obviously Literotica. Still, a lot of people's rants could be worded a bit nicer...and if they came to the blog site and read where I am each week mentally as well as with each story, I don't think there'd be so many rants :p

      Delete
  2. so hows the work situation going are you going with the job offer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the first job offer fell through. :( I now am working on two other offers. The first one they offered it to me at a higher salary on the condition the final customer approved the budget, which they didn't. I told them I would take the lower salary, but they apparently thing (with good reason) I would leave if offered something better. The new offer is 20K more, so keeping my finger's crossed...

      Delete
  3. At least your getting new options what the the new year and companies interested in hiring again so good luck with the two offers.

    ReplyDelete