Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Follow the Muse....

This weekend was one of the most productive weekends I've had in a while writing-wise.  I spent ALL DAY Sunday writing, and writing, and writing.

It wasn't Lapdancing Girlfriend, it wasn't even Extenuating Circumstances, LOL.  For some reason I woke up at 3am with an idea and scene in my head for What's in a Name and HAD to get out of bed, go down to the computer, and start writing, even before my first cup of coffee!  And then I spent all day working on it. 

It was some MAJOR progress, but nothing I had planned on working on.  Sometimes I just have to go with the flow and follow my Muse.

It was actually therapeutic.  I spent the ENTIRE day writing, times when I was searching out music, then incorporating that into the story, and then more and more writing.  I went through 2 bottles of wine and about 3 pots of coffee...finally quitting around 11pm...so all said and told put around 20 hours.  As I said, very productive, just nothing I had planned or what anybody is expecting.

The reason this post is coming on a Wednesday and not earlier is I started thinking WHY I enjoyed writing this weekend so much.  Lately it's almost been a subconscious act to find something else to do so I wouldn't have time to write. 

As I thought back, the last time I had such a relaxing binge of writing was back in JUNE of this year.  Since that time I've been so focused on getting Lapdancing Girlfriend 06 out, or Extenuating Circumstances 0101-0103 out, the writing has been more of a job or chore, and not the original reason I started writing Annie Babysits the kids almost twenty years ago. 

I do it to relax, to escape from the day-to-day grind, from worrying about money, or kids, or whatever.

For the first time in months I ENJOYED writing again...and had almost forgotten how gratifying, relaxing, and therapeutic it was.

It is not that I'm changing gears or plans or anything, but I need to get back to my roots...to where writing was fun again.  This coming weekend I'm not going to PLAN on writing on any particular story...I'm just going to go with the flow.  If it turns out to be Lapdancing 06, fantastic; if it turns out to be EC01...again, great.  But if it turns out to be Annie, Dreams, Grim Fairy Tales, Lifeguard, or any other of my currently outstanding stories...or even *gasp* a new story...I'm not going to mind.  I'm going to write and ENJOY it, not feel like it's an obligation I have to do.

I had almost forgotten how nice it was...so yeah, I'll be writing.  What it will be, dunno...but I will guarantee it's going to be good  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment