Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Weekly Update....

This weekend was an "off" weekend in terms of being pretty atypical.  Friday night I was up the entire night tossing and turning...not sure what triggered my insomnia but I was so looking forward all week to sleeping in Saturday, only to be foiled, LOL.  I finally caught up from missing out of work with the flu, so after 2 weeks of several 12-13 hour work days was hoping to just relax...but that wasn't in the cards.

As such, Saturday I felt like ass...just could not get involved in anything.  Basically watched some television, did some housework, and chilled.

Sunday I was able to get some things done.  I decided since it's already past the middle of October to scratch my Halloween story until next year.  I just didn't see the value in submitting it, even if it were polished, and have it be posted so close to the deadline and miss out on any votes it may have gleaned...so hopefully next year.

That meant I was able to work on Extenuating Circumstances a bit.  I am working on polishing up the rough draft of Part 1 and am about 25% through with it.  I still have to transcribe my corrections to the computer, but I'm hoping I'll be able to send out a few drafts for editorial comments soon!  Parts 2 and 3 are not as involved as Part 1, so they should be following soon after.

Then it will be back to Lapdancing and hopefully we'll see at least one, if not two stories released from me by Thanksgiving.  Again, that's not a hard ETA, LOL....but I will make the attempt  ;)

6 comments:

  1. I wish I had a secretary that could take all my edited transcripts, be able to READ my chicken-scratch writing, and make the changes I've done to the hard copies of my stories, LOL. The amount of time that would save me would be amazing.

    I've been continuing to edit EC01A all week, and about 10% of it edited...but this weekend is the inglorious work of having to move all the edited bits on the hardcopy to digital...which seems to take forever, LOL.

    Good news is there's progress...just wondering how my time will work out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you edit on hardcopy? Wouldn't it be faster to edit on digital? You could also make notes in something like Word and appoint an editor to make the changes for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because I cannot take a digital copy into work..our computers are not connected to the internet and our USB and CD drives are disabled...so the only way I can work on them when I have free time is from a hard copy....

      Delete
    2. Also, for EC I will be having a few "amateur" (read - fans) read through them for editorial purposes; however, when I first write a story, it is pretty "free flowing" and I just type and type and type, without making any corrections. That is the rough draft, which I then re-read to fix obvious grammatical mistakes and whatnot...that is the current stage I'm on now. I need to read through it and let things "flow" better before I let anybody read it...as much of the time some of the sentences don't even flow well together or make sense, LOL.

      Delete
  3. Can't you take a laptop or tablet into work? If you can then you could edit your work that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, no laptops, cell phones, USB devices, etc...

      Trust me, hardcopy is the only method I have...

      Delete