Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Progress, Editing, and a Teaser...

It occurred to me when I tell you all I'm editing pages at work and then need to transcribe those edits that you may not realize what all it entails.  So I took a random page from the stack of pages I need to transcribe and scanned it.  This serves as both an example and a teaser--that is if you can read my chicken scratch, LOL.

This is about mid-way through the story, so you can see how much I actually edit when doing my first run through...





Things are moving pretty well...I just need to find the time to sit down and transcribe the 100+ pages like the above into my digital copy, LOL!

Have also been going through my Extenuating Circumstances story a bit more...so making progress on both stories, just no ETA on anything yet...

2 comments:

  1. Hehehe, several have commented privately, and one of the common comments is yes, this is typical of EVERY PAGE I've edited. When I'm writing a story it is pretty much an attempt to get everything pouring out of my thoughts into the story...so my fingers are rapidly typing. Although I'll correct spelling mistakes and such and reread through each passage as much as I can, until I can sit down and actually READ when I wrote, it is a mess.

    This is why when people ask to help with a rough draft I say no...because I know there are a TON of changes to be made initially and there is absolutely no point sharing something that is going to change by at least 50% before they are even finished with it.

    So yeah, just another glimpse into my "editing" process, LOL.

    And the added benefit is you get a small blurb of the story--if you can follow my chicken scratch and edits (oh, and the asterisk at the bottom is 2 new paragraphs on the back, but didn't want to scan that, LOL).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay... with saturday well underway, I expect that you've gone through 40-50 of those pages by now! (That's if you did the only reasonable thing and put yourself under a self-imposed solitary confinement after you got off work yesterday! That's the least you could do to satisfy us pervs waiting to read about Diamond, right?)

    On a serious note: Have a good weekend! ... hope you find the time, and your muse with you, to make a dent in that pile of pages before the end of Sunday!

    ReplyDelete