Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Pet peeve of mine...

First, I hope everybody enjoyed the little teaser from Lapdancing 06.  That scene actually is pretty early in the chapter--it will pop up around page 5 or so once it is published (rough estimation of course, hehehe).  It's not fully edited, so a few parts may change, but overall I'm happy with it.  It is another one of those scenes that were not planned, but just poured forth through my fingers as I envisioned the setting...

Anyways, on to the reason for the above title.  So this is a little pet peeve of mine, and although I know it won't change how people act, I can at least get it off my chest, hehehe.

I understand people use the Literotica "Favorites" (Author or Title) in various and sundry ways.  Some people keep stories they want to return to in the future, some people tag stories they are in the middle of and can return back to when they have time (as opposed to bookmarking it and their family members seeing it!).  Same with authors, many people tagging authors to easily return to their story page and check on any new releases and such.  I completely understand those reasons, and when I see somebody "fav" a story, and then a day or two "unfav" it, I again, understand it was only a transient thing.

What bugs me is when somebody "fav's" an author or story and then--maybe weeks or months later--"unfav's" it without any explanation.  And when I look at that person's favorite list, they are usually HUMONGOUS with hundreds of authors or stories...and yet again, no explanation on why they un-favorited me or my story.

Just bugs me when it happens, as there's no reason why they unfav'd it ever given.

Honestly I don't keep track of who fav's a story or author, but I do catch the little broken hearts when somebody unfavor's you:

LOL, it's quite noticeable...and yet again, no explanation why...

Again, just a pet peeve...people are free to do what and how they want, but sometimes it would be nice to get a message on why...whether it's people tired of waiting for a release (I would expect that to be common with me, hehehe) or some other reason...

2 comments:

  1. Doccis:

    I thought I would respond to you peeve about Fav’s list.
    First, chill out, you are without question one of the best authors on Literotica.
    Most of the other authors I would consider if I was to have a Fav. List are already on your list.
    You are doing something extra special with your stories and blog. Your willingness to communicate with your readers and use our ideas in your stories makes you the best writer of erotica I know of.
    I have read a number of stories where the author had written several chapters of a story, only to suddenly stop writing and leave the story hanging with no conclusion.
    Please enjoy your hobby and keep writing for many years to come.
    Remember my suggestion, a warrn sunny day, a salt water swimming pool with you and your laptop sitting beside a tiki bar. (I will let you fill in the picture of the girls in bikini’s and a tall cold rum drink).
    Have a great 4th of July holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehe, I'm not angry...it's just irksome when I see it at times.

      As to me being the best, everybody has their opinions. I personally don't feel I'm that good of a writer, regardless of how many people come here or fav or vote high ratings on any particular story. I'm just doing something that for me, gives me a fulfilling feeling--there's nothing like finishing a chapter and posting it, it's a feeling of accomplishment that regardless of what people think, I feel satisfied.

      I get the same way with my graphic images.

      It's a hobby, and I enjoy it...that I can share it is even more the fun...and who knows, maybe some day I can make a bit of money off it if I ever get around to selling a full story.

      As to the comment about authors writing chapters and stop writing...don't jinx me!!!! I have yet to post a FULL story so I consider myself one of those "incomplete" authors...although I don't plan on stopping any of them until they are done.

      Thanks!

      Delete