Monday, September 8, 2014

Still plenty of momentum!

As I mentioned in my previous post, I finally finished the ROUGH DRAFT of Extenuating Circumstances 01...which is a major milestone in terms of the next published story for me.  I now have to go through the first editing pass to find all the blatant errors and such...then offer it to a few select individuals for a proof-read to see if there is anything they would change.  At a point that I should have it released in the next 2-3 weeks...so  would hazard it to be published before October...

The main push getting Chapter 01 done was my Muse lighting a fire with thoughts of scenes for Chapters 02 and 03.  I've already plowed through ten pages (Word format) of Chapter 02 without pause, and even took a day off of work to continue the trend!


Afterwards, it will be back to Lapdancing 06...as I am 90% complete with it as well.  If I'm lucky, there will be THREE releases from before the end of the year (this, Lapdancing 06, and my Halloween story).

On another note, had a comment from a frustrated user who believes I am full of shit when I say I plan on continuing Annie and other stories.  I have every intention of finishing them...as I also hate unfinished series.  Unfortunately I know my limits, and I cannot work on two "main" stories without them bleeding into each other.  The last time I tried that, I went through a search for "Jen" in Chapter 08 of Annie and found TEN instances; going through Lapdancing 06 (about 30% completed at the time) I found FIVE instances of "Annie."  So now I avoid such things, only focusing on only one of those stories at a time.

Annie is almost an infinite storyline.  I have quite a few chapters planned for her and no ending in sight.  Lapdancing Girlfriend I know exactly what the ending will be...after Lapdancing 06 is completed the series will be more than 50% of the way complete.  As such, it is my main focus...but again, I have no intentions of letting Annie die on the vine.

As I've stated in the past, this is a hobby for me.  I write when I WANT to write, not because I HAVE to write.  If I don't feel like it, I don't, regardless of threats on whether you will continue to be a fan or not.  Time is critical.  I only have weekends to myself, but again, if I don't feel like writing, that's an entire week that will go by before I have time again to write...if I feel like it even the next weekend.  That is why stories take so long for me.

I understand the frustration, and like I said, I hate not knowing what an author is intending to do with their stories.  Tat is why I have created this blog, so people are aware I AM active and not just letting things sit idle.  I try to post as much relevance as I can so people know my commitment, but if it is not enough for you, feel free to offer paying me a few hundred dollars a month and I will devote my time to whatever story you want!  ;)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, and my friend the spammer and hater is back filling up my stories with comments, LOL...head on over and check them out before the admins remove them all ;) It's worth a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the Literotica admins went through and removed all the comments...wonder if they banned the IP or not...time will tell!

      Delete
  2. Hmm, so bitching and moaning about something you want someone else to do, doesn't make them do so? Who would have thought... (I mentioned internet etiquette in an earlier comment, so I'll leave it at that!)

    Good to hear! Hope a "rough draft" means you're looking for spelling/grammatical errors and such? I remember a certain chapter 6 being almost done months ago, only for new ideas to pop up left and right! Very much looking forward to it! That and a story in early October should keep the bugging of those wanting to hear about progress (ANY PROGRESS!) being made on Lapdancing on a low for some time... read it, let it sink in - perhaps re-read it - ... that's a good couple of weeks before "are we there yet?" in terms of Diamond's next adventure!

    - dkg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never know where my Muse will take me...but that only happens when I am writing. Once I am "finished" with a story, I rarely (but not never) add to it. Usually after that it is all grammar/spelling errors and making the story flow better...so hopefully just a weekend's worth of time for these stories.

      Delete
  3. I am glad to hear that you have finished a story, Congrad's
    Look forward to seeing it posted in the near future.
    Do not let the fact that you have so many on going story series or new projects on the back burner. It just shows that your very active imagination is working.
    You say that Lap #6 will be a couple more weeks, Again look forward to it's posting.
    Concerning Lap #7. Are we there yet?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL @ Ch. 07....haven't even thought about it...but that one I may have to split up into multiple parts...but until it is written, dunno...

      Delete