Sunday, October 18, 2015

Update 10/18/2105...

So the bottom line with my computer is it is either the CPU or the motherboard is fried.  Either way, it pretty much means a new computer.  I've been meaning to upgrade my video cards--that's actually one of the goals of my Patreon page.  However, that being said, all the money will now be going towards a new system.

Pricing out what I want, which is not high end but is better than what I had in order to do my 3D graphics, I'm looking around $2500.  I don't HAVE that much money right now, hehehe, so it may take up through next year to get it, but that's my new goal.  I'll be changing my Patreon page to that particular goal as well.

I spent all day Saturday trying to get my computer working, and after swapping out memory, power supplies, video cards, etc., I was able to narrow it down to either the CPU or motherboard.  Not sure exactly how I FUBAR'd up, but something didn't go back the way it was when I started cleanings things up last week, and now I'm paying for it.  It's nothing I haven't done a 1000 times before, but this was why I stopped building my own systems, I troubleshoot servers and people's computers all week, the last thing I want to do is work on my own  :(

I'm running off my laptop now.  I've moved it and connected my monitor, mouse, and keyboard in my home office, so things at least 'feel' close to normal.  The screen is a bit fuzzy due to a craptastic video card, but it can't be helped.  At least I'll be able to start writing once again.  And now that I'm back connected to my network, I can get back to things.

One that front, I woke up Friday morning at 2 am with an idea, and sat down and wrote until it was time for work, so there will be a new story hitting the "Secondary Story" slot replacing "What's in a Name."  Again, the secondary story is something I'll dabble with when I only have an hour or less to write, but lately that seems to be the way things have been, so the secondary story has gotten quite a bit of attention.

This new story still needs a title, but currently the working title is "Good Girl Gone Bad."  It's about a couple who's been together for 5 years and start to realize things are becoming too mundane in their relationship.  They plan on moving in together to try and spice up their life, and while moving, the boyfriend starts to have fantasies about his girlfriend fooling around with other men.  Surprised at his reaction, and turned on by it herself, she teases his friends who are helping him move, one of which is a jock type (sort of a young Mr. DeWight, hehehe).

I've almost been tempted to make this an "early Lapdancing Girlfriend" story, but right now it's a separate story standing on its own merit.  Time will tell what I do with it.  If I DO make this sort of an "early Lapdancing" story, I'll have to change things around a bit for both this and Lapdancing Girlfriend so they synch up better...but again, that's only a remote possibility.

Anyways, that's what's going on this week.  Now that things are somewhat back to normal, my plan is to focus on Lifeguard again and try to get it down by Thanksgiving.  We'll see how work and real life go...but since 3D graphics are now out of the picture (no pun intended) for a bit, all I have is the writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment