Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Update 10/13/2015...

So not so great news...my computer died Sunday and I've spent all day Sunday and Monday trying to get it back up and working.

It has been overheating lately when I do my 3D Graphic renders, so I took it apart and blew out all the dust bunnies and whatnot out of it (having 2 cats, the insides can get really bad).  But when I put it back together, it never even booted...power came on, fans spun, but the motherboard had a CPU Warning light on the entire time and would never even get to the POST or BIOS splash screen.

I've taken it apart and put it back together again, the Best Buy Geek Squad took it apart and put it back together again, I've reset the BIOS.  Tonight when I get home I'll take it apart again and test out the Power Supply...  I'm running out of options before I reach the decision of a new system, although I really can't afford one...but one thing at a time.

Needless to say, I didn't get any writing done this weekend.  I was out of town Saturday, and not having a computer for two days put me into a rather caustic mood...

Hopefully better news tonight or tomorrow  :(

3 comments:

  1. Sorry your computer is acting up, mine did that last year, friend of mine came over and reset/sealed the chip, said in time it needs to be down with as much heat is generated, may want to give that a try....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you hear any beeps on POST? There are beep codes too. Could be dust in the RAM module contacts. You could clean with isopropyl alcohol and a clean hanky. The old HDD can be rigged as an external drive through a "USB casing" available on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were absolutely no beeps. I cleaned everything out (that's how this all started, LOL), and after 3 different people looked at it, we all came to the same decision...so it's new computer time! My son will get some of the hand-me-downs from this system, so won't be that bad

      Delete