Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Introducing Suzanne Carter (née Simmons)

One of my goals has always been to publish ILLUSTRATED versions of my stories.  I've always posted the FREE text versions online, so feeling that pulling them and beginning to charge for them was an injustice to those newly discovering the stories on Literotica, I thought changing them enough such that they were illustrated would draw in both old fans and new.

It has been suggested my newest story, Extenuating Circumstances which involve Suzanne, Jen' (aka Diamond from Lapdancing Girlfriend) I publish straight out and skip posing on Literotica.

So I'm torn...  Waiting to publish Extenuating Circumstances means a delay in posting anything.  I am still working on finishing up my Lifeguard Gets Wet story...as that will be illustrated by an artist who has requested it as a commission...but not sure what to do from there.

Lapdancing Girlfriend 06 is somewhere between 75-90% completed (honestly don't remember where I left off as my attention has been on Lifeguard)...so it would be the next one to follow being posted on Literotica if I hold off.

But curious what you all think.

Writing is a hobby, as such, I devote limited time to it.  If I start getting paid for published works, that would give more incentive into putting more time into it as I would have it as additional income.  But I know it's been a year now since I published anything and people are getting antsy.

Curious to hear what you think!

In the meanwhile, I've been working on prototypes for Suzanne and her illustrations which I want to do with EC.  Starting new and fresh with a story not yet published means I can tilt the story to help out the illustrations and vice versa.  If I go back and illustrate one of my existing stories, some things will need to be changed (outfits, colors, and the like) in case I cannot find something similar to illustrate.

But here is the first reveal of Suzanne Carter (née Simmons)...so let me know what you think!  To pull the description from the story:

Looking for any reason to distract her thoughts, Suzanne looked at her reflection in the mirror behind the bar.  What she saw was not the normal, care-free, and somewhat straight-laced twenty-four-year-old she was used to seeing, a woman happily married and living in a nice gated suburban neighborhood.  The woman looking back at her from the mirror was a complete stranger, the opposite of everything she had been.  The woman in the mirror across the bar was dressed for sex, her long wavy ‘bronde’ hair cascading over her shoulders and resting upon the unconcealed swell of flesh at her chest, her breasts bulging and practically hanging out of her immodest cocktail dress.

The satin black dress hugged her body like a second skin, leaving little to the imagination.  The deep neckline unashamedly exposed more of her natural 35C fleshy mounds than she was comfortable with—but once again she had little choice in the matter.  The dress was held gingerly to her body by two thin straps, and without them, the dress would have left her half-naked, the back of the dress completely opened down to the soft swell and ‘Y’ of her ass.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Doc;
    Glad to see you writing more, and being EXCITED to write too!!
    A happy DocCIS is a happy reader! haha

    Anyway, you asked for thoughts on the illustrations, so here's mine....

    Don't do them...
    And I appreciate that's not what you want to hear, but here's my feeling on it...

    I love, love, love your writing, but when I see the illustrations, I think it's a distraction to the writing... When I read the stories, I already use my imagination to picture the scene, and the characters, in my mind....
    To see an illustration just throws a "curveball" into what I'm already imagining, and detracts from the writing.... It's like listening to your favorite album - on vinyl - and you're into the music and just bopping along, and all of a sudden the needle gets knocked sideways.....
    Hear that sound in your mind, and that's what the illustrations are to me.... :-/

    Sorry to say it like that, but for me, just would prefer you not do them....
    Not to mention, I know they take a LOT of time to do, and if you're going to put that amount of time into something, I'd rather it be your writing.....

    Anyway, just my opinion......and everybody's got one....
    Again, I know it's not what you want to hear, but you asked....

    Regardless, thanks again for all the time you put into your work...
    It IS appreciated...
    Barry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, the thing about it is I'm trying to make it a little more profitable and provide some personal incentive.

      I've already released many chapters of stories on Literotica, and pulling them off and then posting them for a fee would not be very polite IMO...not to mention the Internet caches everything so regardless of me taking the stories down from Literotica, they are already out there and will be forever.

      And it's not fair to "hook" people in with 5 chapters for free and then saying "if you want to read the rest, you'll have to buy the book" because then nobody will want to read anything new knowing I'll leave them hanging like that.

      So what other way to get people who are fans to buy the stories? My answer, since I'm into 3D graphical art, is the illustrated version of the stories. If people don't want to have the graphics, then don't buy the book and settle for the free text version on Literotica...that way everybody is happy. Those that want to see what I envision the story to be like and/or want to support me beyond comments and such can do so by buying the illustrated version wherever I publish it in support.

      So even if I go for the illustrated version if you want to maintain the illusion and not spoil what you are imagining don't have to buy the paid illustrated version and settle for the pure text version on Literotica...

      Delete
    2. Hi Doc....
      You make a good point - about providing illustrations, for a fee....
      And that's certainly more than fair....

      Oddly, I ~do~ enjoy the teaser pictures, but it's just the illustrations that don't do much for me... Perhaps I just find them a little too exaggerated and unrealistic, so they distract me.... :-/

      But if you love doing them, who am I to knock a guy doing what he loves.... AND can make money from it :-)
      So, carry on, good sir!!

      Delete
  2. DOCcis:

    Barry’s comments of illustrations vs the readers imagination is a good point. It eventually comes down to the story line and how the author (you) wants to tell his story.
    The old expression a pictures is worth a thousand words.
    You can give use a brief description of Jennifer or her sister Suzanne. Then Barry or myself could come up with entirely different pictures in our minds of what they look like.
    I think back to many of the stories I have read in my youth. Sherlock Holmes, Treasure Island, The Count of Monte Cristo, Moby Dick. I try to pick up one of those books and read it today and find myself losing interest quickly.
    In our new age of multimedia, 3D Blue Ray DVD movies, HDTV, etc. The public is looking for more description or sensory overload.
    For you to use illustrations in your stories is a nice way to direct the readers imagination in a direction that you “the author” see the story line going.
    We will still use our imagination, but you are using a picture rather than a thousand words to get us started on imaging what Suzanne or Diamond (Jen) look like.
    Ok, so there is a second opinion for you to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the 1st comment but your the creator here. If you look at the erotica on amazon ive noticed that a lot of the writers will give the 1st part away free then charge for the rest. If you put the lapdancer parts (done so far) up for free then out the next part up for a FAIR price I will pay.

    Wait Lol I get the text version, which I like for free anyway.... OK...........mmmmmmmmmm but you should be rewarded for a quality product.

    Confused lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too agree that your text stories deserve to be published on their own. The illustrations are not IMHO and from what we've seen so far, of a sufficient quality to make me buy them. Of course I will pay just to support you!
    You should put your future stories up on Amazon sure they might lose some readers but they will gain a lot more too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "from what we've seen so far, of a sufficient quality to make me buy them"

      Geez, kick a guy a little harder in the nuts...

      In all honestly, I spent maybe 20 minutes on those images. If you go to my FB page and tell me my images are not sufficient quality...well, then we might have some words. If you really want me to spend some time on a "quality" image, I can do so...

      Delete
  5. hows progress????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

    ReplyDelete