Monday, July 27, 2015

Update 07/27/2015...Imminent new release?

What if I told you there was a new release coming soon?

No, it isn't Lifeguard Gets Wet

No, it isn't Lapdancing Girlfriend

No, it isn't Annie

That probably answers the top three questions, LOL...but let me explain.

I've been working on Lifeguard Gets Wet exclusively over the last 2 months.  This weekend I was staring at the same page for over 3 hours trying to get into it and it just wasn't happening.  I wanted to write, but as I stared at the pages of the new content I was writing, I couldn't write.

It wasn't necessarily a case of writer's block, just that I've been working on the same story nonstop for so long.  Typically when I write, I'll focus on one particular story, but every so often I'll dabble into something else, and I've been trying to get Lifeguard done for the storyboard I put everything to the side...much to my detriment.  I am approximately 65% done with Lifeguard.  It's been going slowly, but I am now at a point where I know exactly what I'm going to write...so the next 35% is not going to be as long...but I've hit sort of a plateau in terms of momentum.

Then I decided to do a little housecleaning on my hard drive.  OMG I had a lot of shit.  Mostly programs that I never used any longer, games I haven't played in over a year, that sort of thing.  Then I hit my Story folder.

As I was sorting through it, I realized I had THREE finished pieces waiting for my "final" review.  The first chapter of Extenuating Circumstances is a three parter...and all three parts have been complete for MONTHS.  I simply put them aside to work on Lifeguard and never got back to them.

So I opened EC0101 and started reading...and reading...and editing.  I am about 75% of the way done and I will have the first release hopefully uploaded to Literotica this coming weekend.  I know it's not a continuation of any of my other stories, and it's not even the one I've been working on since April.  But at least it's a story release.

The good news?  That was EXACTLY what I needed to get back into the mood for Lifeguard...and I wrote about 15 pages yesterday afternoon of new content for it after taking a break from EC...so my muse is back...she just needed a little variety to get her juices flowing.

Won't have much time until the weekend again, but I'm going to finish up the first part of Extenuating Circumstances, get it posted, then it's back to Lifeguard...with little breaks here and there for EC0102 and EC0103  ;)

So good news I guess...it's been so long since I've had a release, I'm hoping people don't mind it's a new story from me and not one of my continuations....

4 comments:

  1. DOCcis:

    Hi. It’s Capt. Billy. I have changed my e mail address again. I started to get a lot of spam e mails and virus warnings from my kaspersky protection.

    I have not written you for a while so I thought I would comment on your last post.

    Glad to hear that you are getting paid to write your story. Life guard.

    You are talking about posting my next story E.C. later this week.

    A couple of years ago, I wrote to you suggesting you should, do a re-write of Lapdancer adding more detail about Jen and how she went from cocktail waitress to stripper, more details about Charles and the other strippers, etc. Maybe U still have the messages and e mails I sent you?

    Suggestion, as this is a new story with ties to Lapdancer. Why don’t you try posting this story on Amazon.com Kindle stories. See if people will pay to read your stories.

    If it sells, think about a re-write of Lapdancer tying it in with E.C. with many chapters telling multiple stories of the sister and their lives. You have already done a major amount of the work with the Lapdancer chapters, just juice it up with more detail. The existing 6 chapters could be broken up into 10 – 12 separate stories. The usual price of a on line download of a story is $2.99.

    I have read many stories on Amazon Kindle store, that I have though I read some where in the past. Possible on Literotica, but it was still interesting to read them again.

    Anyways it is just a suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Billy...and yes, e-mail me with your new addy!

      In the past my goal has always been to release pure stories on Literotica, and then follow up with a paid ILLUSTRATED version at one of the online stores in PDF format. That has always been the goal particularly with Lapdancing, but then I thought since I have more than one story, it would even out the "reading for free" aspect.

      Never thought about a new release mainly because I don't know what the response would be. I still want to illustrate EC...but I also feel the pressure of people wanting to see SOMETHING, ANYTHING from me. It's been a year now since I've posted anything...I've worked on several stories, but nothing to show for it.

      Lifeguard is definitely getting posted on Literotica...any money made from that is only through the commission by the interested artist and after that, they'll get the proceeds through selling the storyboard.

      It's an interesting idea though...but have to think about it. If I wait to actually publish EC, it means there will be a long wait until the next release after Lifeguard.

      As to rewriting the Lapdancing...haven't thought about it. I do remember you mentioning it, but if I ever finish the full Lapdancing saga, maybe I'll write "Lapdancing Girlfriend: The Early Years" LOL. I've mentioned Jen several times in EC, but haven't thought about really merging them.

      Remember, both Jen and Suzanne, her younger sister, have been pretty monogamous in their relationships up until now, so an earlier version of them really doesn't sound like it was be very erotic. That's how most of my stories are...the girl is young, naive, the girl next door...and then she gets pulled into a sordid situation and being inexperienced, has no control over what's going on...and soon starts to like it....

      Delete
  2. DOCcis:

    I have for several years been trying to write a story (3) to post on Literotica. So I totally understand how much work is involved. Quite often I will start to work on a story in the morning with a cup of coffee. Then my dog will want to go out for a walk, We are in the Florida Keys at the time so the walk around the motor home park means she stops and visits many of her friends. Two hours later we are back at my motor home and I realize it’s getting close to lunch, So, off we go to Boondocks restaurant and the dog friendly patio. After lunch it’s a drive down hwy #1 to Key West or north across the 7 mile bridge to Marathon to see what is going on today. It’s a beautiful drive along the ocean hwy. When we eventually get back to the motor home any thought of writing has been erased and I mix a rum drink and sit on my patio and work on my tan.
    Retirement is hell, no matter how hard I try I can not get anything done.

    Now seriously, I have a good idea how much work is involved in writing a lengthy story like Lapdancer. No matter how you like to say so, your writing is a second job. Why not see if you can make a little money for doing it. My Starbucks coffees cost more than a Kindle story download.
    Someday I would like to be sitting at a patio bar in the Florida Keys look past the saltwater swimming pool and see a guy sitting under a umbrella working away on his laptop. I will wonder. Is that DOCcis??
    It takes lots and lots of pictures of Ben Franklin to make that happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's exactly how things run. I typically have only Sat and Sun mornings to write...then I get distracted by the cat, or by somebody pinging me online with a question, or caught up watching Youtube cat videos, LOL (not really the last, but you understand).

      And I agree, no sense not making money out of it...so as my latest post shows, definitely giving it some thought!

      But I hate the heat, so I'd be that guy cooped up in a cabin somewhere in the mountains (as long as it had internet access, hehehe)!

      Delete