Thursday, April 30, 2015

Update 04/30/2015

OMG, so I had a post over the weekend, but I saved it instead of posting it...doh.  So adding to what I already wrote.  My apologies...I really did have an update on 04/24  :/

We've reached the end of April...cannot believe the year is already 1/3 over!

Things at work have really heated up...which if you remember where I was last year (unemployed), it's a good thing.  Unfortunately it means busting my butt 8-10 hours a day leaves me wiped out by the time I get home, so I do little but make dinner, watch a little television, and catch up on posts and email.  By then it's time for bed...rinse and repeat x 4.

Writing has slowed.  I am still working on Lifeguard Gets Wet...as I stated earlier, it is a commissioned piece, so that means some extra cash, so want to get it done!  I've fleshed out the story a bit more here and there, and slowly progressing forward.  As I've stated before, it's a little different writing when you know somebody may SEE the story as a comic/storyboard, so have to consider that angle as well, which makes writing sometimes difficult.  What I would describe in two or three paragraphs can be shown on a single image...and in some cases what I describe in only one or three paragraphs needs to be illustrated in even more images.  Very interesting to be honest.

My son still plans on moving up with me end of May, so that's been on my mind.  Although both of my kids have been up for summers and holidays, this will be an experience.  I've lived alone since my ex and I separated almost 12 years ago, and although we've all remained close, I've been solo'ing it so long, just having somebody else living with me will be different.  Add to that it's my son and I will be taking care of him--even if he's 18--and it puts a little more stress in my mind.  But I'm also looking forward to it, so it's a give and take.

Sorry it's such a short post...it would have been two if I had remembered posting last week and not just saving it as a draft, LOL. 

No comments:

Post a Comment