Monday, May 11, 2015

Update 05/11/2015

I have had an odd sort of writer's block these past few weeks.  As I've mentioned, I'm working on Lifeguard Gets Wet; however, I was at a point where although I knew what I wanted to write next, I could not get past the last several pages I already wrote.  Something just felt "off" but I couldn't place it.

I actually deleted and rewrote an entire section...and surprisingly, it was almost the same...and yet, it was different.  Then this past weekend it was like a veil was lifted...and spent all weekend rewriting the same section and FINALLY reached a point where I was happy with it.  It was like a door opened and I can finally walk through it.

Hard to explain unless you read the previous version...there was nothing necessarily "wrong" with what I wrote, but it just didn't sit well.  And now, I actually FEEL the character again...and almost got too excited to continue, LOL.

So now feel comfortable continuing the story...it just feels right now.

Hard to explain, it wasn't necessarily writer's block, but I definitely was obsessing over that section, and finally feel like I can move on.

Anyways, that's where I've been lately, and now I feel almost liberated that this section now feels "right" to me...

No comments:

Post a Comment