Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Update, News, and shift in priorities...

I haven't posted in a while, but a lot of things have been happening on the backend of real life and I wanted to share a couple of them.

First and foremost, I still plan to release the last few teasers this week.  I don't have an ETA but I want them all done and posted by the end of the weekend, so keep an eye out on that.

Secondly, one of the reasons I've been busy has been my 3D Graphics obsession/hobby.  I know many of you have privately contacted me on my FB name to see my work, and appreciate all the kind comments.  Apparently the work has not been in vain because I have been contacted by a 3D Graphics promotional group to join them.  It is not a monetary position, but I work on commissions in terms of getting the products I use in my images for free by the vendors.  They pay the group to create images advertising and spotlighting their works, give us their items, and we make the images.  They are then advertised all over the interwebz for that product.

I'm very excited.  One of my major stipulations was I did not want this to become a "job" and be pressured into making content.  I have seen way too many artists do this very same thing and suddenly they disappear from the art scene because all they are doing are promo images.  And as time goes by, their artwork dwindles to exactly the same thing over and over and over falling into a rut doing just promos instead of actual art.  This group is not pressuring me, and even if I only produce one piece a month they will be happy...so I'm looking forward not only to the work, but the actual exposure such advertising will bring!

Finally some other exciting news in the terms of erotica.  As many of you know who have stayed with me all this time, one of my goals is eventually to illustrate my stories and sell them online.  Imagine an illustrated version of Lapdancing Girlfriend where you yourself can see my version of Diamond battling Mr. DeWight for her sexual domination?  Much of it has been a factor of time, incentive, and plain ignorance at how to go about that type of thing.

Well, the first step in that journey has begun!  One of my stories is going to be illustrated!  I have been contacted by an artist (I'll leave their identity unkown unless they want to announce it) to put to image one of my stories.  Oddly, it is not one of my well-known works, but actually one of my "yet to be finished" stories--they have read the teaser and are extremely interested in putting to comic/storybook Lifeguard Gets Wet, as well as the possibility of other chapters in that storyline.

So as I mentioned in the title, my priorities are shifting slightly.  I will be working mostly on Lifeguard to get the story out by May.  I know, I know, everybody who knows me is screaming "OMG, he said he would never give an ETA and set a date for a release again!"  LOL.  I burned myself out on Lapdancing 05 as many of you know trying to get it out at a specific time, and this is the same type of thing.  But the difference here is I will be paid for the work...money talks, hehehe.

So this past weekend and the upcoming weekends I will be working on the story of Penny, the young rich Southern belle who gets caught up in downtown Atlanta lifeguarding for the common man.

This is not simply an illustration of the story, like what I did with George Taskers Brandi Vavoom story, this will be putting the entire chapter into a storyboard/comic type presentation, so it can stand on its own as an illustrated story.  I am basically the plot-writer, and although will have some input on the scenes and such, once everything is done, the illustrations will belong to the artist to post where and how he wants.

One of the biggest things this will accomplish is getting my work known to another audience.  If people like the storyboard so much, they'll hopefully go and read the actual story.  And if they like that, they will read others.  The more the merrier.

The other thing this will do is get my head wrapped around actually moving forward with my illustration idea.  I hope the set timeline will get me more used to deadlines, as well as getting more stories out quicker.  I know last year was a disappointment to people in that I published NOTHING.  This year I promise will be different...and the first published story I will do will become Lifeguard.

That does not mean I won't be working on my other stories.  I always need a bit of change in writing so will undoubtedly work on my three main stories still on my agenda:  Lapdancing 06, Extenuating Circumstances, and What's in a Name.  Following that, Annie will get some long-overdue love.  That will be hopefully FIVE releases this year, and hopefully more...but we'll see.

Anyways, I am really excited to enter this partnership and promise good things to come!  Stay tuned for further information, as well as the remaining teasers that are long overdue!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your stories rendered in comic form, and I'm optimistic about this new direction you're heading in. I hope it leads to more of your stories getting storyboarded and comiced up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mama! I too am looking forward to this collaboration!

      Although I eventually want to illustrate my own images, I'm hoping this will at least get me just a little more familiar with the whole process....

      Delete