Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Thank you!

I want to thank the people who have commented on my book on Amazon!  As a result, there have been an overall increase in sales as well as rankings (I've been in the top 500 for Erotic Romance all week).

I know a few people have said getting comments was going to be difficult, as well as a few pointing out studies showing people are more likely to comment on BAD things as opposed to GOOD things...so the half dozen or so ratings and comments I've received (all five-stars by the way, so thank you again) have definitely influenced others in to buying the book.  Hopefully that will have a snowball effect leading to additional people coming here on the blog as well as the Patreon site.

A few people have also commented on their disappointment my focus has turned more towards making money versus posting free stories...and I wanted to comment on that for a moment.

First of all...this blog, the Patreon site, and now the published book have all been at recommendations of you, my fans.  None of this would have been possible without you, not only through your support, but by your recommendations.  I still plan on posting stories on Literotica.com and work on all the stories/series posted there--while also making "book" versions of those very same stories.

My focus has not been as much as making money, but by exploring the various options of distributing my stories and diving head-long in to it.  If I do something, such as publishing a book, then I want to do it right.  Nobody wants to fail, so if I see sales declining--even during such a short period of time--and ask for comments, it is less about how much I will see in royalties than where the book has ranked, what people are saying about it, and how I can improve its circulation.  At least for a while, anything I make from the books--like it has been on the Patreon site--will go towards feeding additional stories and graphical content.  I am looking at sales as simply another way to determine "success" of the book.  It's less about trying to make a quick buck and more simply by trying to succeed.

But again, I do plan on continuing posting to Literotica, while also promoting the books and such.  As you know, I have troubles writing more than one or two stories at a time without cross pollinating them, so this summer, it was focusing on the publishing aspect.  Once I get the other books done, it will be towards Lapdancing and Annie and posting chapters on Literotica.  I doubt it will ever be a continuous growth on all aspects at once, so simply ask for your patience  ;)

2 comments:

  1. One of the things I've found is that unless they're paid for or books are given out for free, erotic stuff doesn't usually get that much, compared to nonerotic literature. Especially with something like cuckoldry, a person might not want others knowing they've enjoyed it (though it's worth pointing out to readers you can change your name while posting reviews).

    ReplyDelete
  2. any news on when the 2nd book is getting published on amazon as im waiting spend???????????????????? (i like owning it on my kindle)

    ReplyDelete